Faculty Positions Available
The Culinary Institute of America, Singapore, the world's premier culinary college is looking for Faculty members that are responsible for teaching students in their particular course(s) in a professional manner. The responsibilities of the position include preparing lesson plans, teaching and evaluating students, preparing and revising course guides and other educational materials, and developing the intellectual property of the CIA. Faculty members also provide professional and career advice for students pursuing careers in the foodservice industry, maintain office hours, assist students who are having difficulty with studies, and honor CIA policies. Faculty members are also expected to contribute to the overall operation of the college and support the mission of the Institute.
- Prepare and execute upon daily lesson plans for classes and teaches classes, on or off campus, in a manner consistent with the philosophy, policies, and guidelines of the CIA.
- Work individually with students who may need extra help, have questions about course information, want career guidance, or who need assistance in their studies.
- Provide regular and useful feedback to students in an objective, consistent, and timely manner; evaluate and document student performance using established methods and criteria; and file course grades promptly.
- Prepare, review, and revise course guides, syllabi, and appropriate curriculum materials for courses offered at the Institute, along with other relevant educational materials.
- Conduct instruction, food preparation, and table service in a quality manner within budgetary limits.
- Teach courses as assigned and follows the schedule provided for that course, beginning on time.
- In culinary, baking, or pastry arts classes, supervise students in preparing quality food within Institute guidelines. In table service classes, supervises students in delivering quality service according to college guidelines.
- Enforce sanitation principles (appropriate to particular teaching assignment), attendance policies, Institute's Professionalism, Uniform, and Hygiene Policy, and other academic policies.
- Assume responsibility for equipment and facilities of the kitchen, bakeshop, pastry shop, or classrooms.
- Stay abreast of new developments in his/her field and the foodservice and hospitality industries; plan, on an annual basis, professional development; and strive to accomplish the goals set out in the formal annual plan.
- Contribute to the growth of the CIA by serving on committees or task forces, assisting with visitors, recommending students and potential employees, and displaying hospitality.
- Perform duties common to all Culinary Institute employees and any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management required, or equivalent professional experience in lieu thereof
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of applicable and escalating experience in a culinary or hospitality environment
- Master's Degree preferred
- Previous instructional experience preferred, with a strong preference given to a record of academic experience and scholarship
- Certified Hospitality Educator (CHE) preferred
- ProChef® Certification preferred
- High skill levels in culinary arts, table service, restaurant management, food costing, sanitary practices, wines and wine pairings and familiarity with world cuisines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to break complex concepts down to instruct students on their completion.
- Ability to identify learning outcomes, and execute plans to achieve those objectives with students.
- Strong teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to be adaptable, dependable and handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to stay abreast of industry trends and breakthroughs, and incorporate into curriculum.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, including e-mail software, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn industry specific software relating to educational technology, grading systems, scheduling systems and purchase ordering systems.
Candidates must be citizen of Singapore or have own work authorization.
Please submit résumé and cover letter to: CIAJobsSG@culinary.edu.
Candidates must be citizen of Singapore or have own work authorization. Respect for diversity is a core value of The Culinary Institute of America, an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer committed to fostering a diverse learning and working environment.
For more information please contact CIAJobsSG@culinary.edu.