Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Science
- Conduct side-by-side tests to compare traditional techniques of food production and food delivery systems with new methods using modern equipment technologies.
- Learn how to prepare culinary-quality product for small- and large-scale production systems using a science-based understanding of food safety and quality, developing critical-thinking skills and scientific literacy.
- Participate in product development projects and culinary science labs to provide experiential hands-on reinforcement of the fundamental scientific principles, fostering problem-solving skills applicable to real-world food production challenges.
- Use sensory evaluation techniques to guide the product development process from concept to delivery.
- Explore career tracts in multi-unit operations, commissary food production, R&D, and fine dining that leverage culinary science to enhance food quality and advance understanding of food.